Teacher Education Tertiary Supervisor
The University of Technology Sydney, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, School of International Studies and Education is calling for expressions of interest from experienced educators for inclusion on the eligibility list for employment opportunities in the Professional Experience Team supporting future teachers as they undertake professional experience in a variety of school settings.
As a Tertiary Supervisor, you would make an important contribution to learning and teaching, as well as the UTS student experience.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience across a range of teaching and socio cultural environments
- Extensive experience in supporting teacher education students and beginning teachers
- A willingness to give back to the teaching profession
- Strong interpersonal skills and mentoring experience
- An understanding of current NESA Syllabus requirements
- An understanding of current AITSL standards
- A thorough understanding of the Graduate Teaching Standards
- An understanding of current teaching practices
- Ability to liaise with mentor teachers, Principals Directors of Professional Experience and initial teacher educators
Please register your interest where you will be asked to submit your resume/CV, outline your skills and experience in mentoring initial teacher education students, and provide contact details and evidence of WWCC and Police Check volunteer level clearance.
Applicants are encouraged to provide evidence of effectiveness in teaching and supervising in a similar capacity either at UTS or another tertiary institution. The School of International Studies and Education will undertake an assessment of each applicant’s experience, skills, and qualifications based on their resume/CV and other supporting documentation. The selection process may include an interview and details of at least two referees should be provided.
Successful applicants will be placed on the Tertiary Supervisor Eligibility List and may be selected for appointment based on the availability of work, the candidate’s availability (peak periods are May, August, September), capacity to perform the duties of the position, and geographical location (eligible Tertiary Supervisors are ordinarily deployed to Schools in their closest proximity).
This EOI process will close 11:59pm, Wednesday 18 December 2019.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Please fill out the online application form and attach your current resume/CV.
Only online applications will be accepted.
Please note: being placed on the Tertiary Supervisor Eligibility List does not mean that successful applicants have been made an offer of employment; nor is it a guarantee that successful applicants will be offered employment. FURTHER INFORMATION
To obtain a copy of the position statement, please email FASS.Contracts@uts.edu.au
For additional information about this program and the EOI process, please email Teached1@uts.edu.au