Special Scientist/Research Associate Position, Department Ofsocial And Political Sciences
DEPARTMENT OFSOCIAL AND POLITICAL SCIENCES
SPECIAL SCIENTIST (RESEARCH ASSOCIATE) POSITION
No. of Positions: One (1)
Category: Six (6) month contract which may be renewed for six (6) months more
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Social and Political Sciences of the University of Cyprus announces one (1) parttime (62.25 hours/month) Special Scientist (Research Associate) position for Dr Antis Loizides’s research programme funded by the University of Cyprus. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in natural language processing through linguistic markers. The successful candidate will participate in a research project concerned with authorship attribution of text published anonymously in the early 19th century in Great Britain.
- MSc or PhD in a related field, e.g., computational linguistics, computer science, statistics.
- Research experience in machine learning and data analysis, including text mining.
- Excellent knowledge on English (written/verbal).
- Team spirit, working well with others, ability to adopt to a multi-cultural, interdisciplinary environment.
- Publications in peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Presentations/Papers in academic conferences and/or other academic meetings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and/or implementation of authorship attribution methods.
- Development and implementation of important parsing rules for the extraction of the dictionary of the documents.
The position is on a contract basis of six (6) months, and is renewable for six (6) more months, starting on January 2020. The monthly employment cost is €1165,00. Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from this amount. The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus.
- Cover letter.
- A detailed curriculum vitae (contact address and telephone number should be included).
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degrees.
- Names and contact details of at least two academic referees from whom references may be requested
Interested candidates should submit via email the above documents (in PDF or Word format) to Dr Antis Loizides at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, December 8th 2019 (midnight). Interviews will take place between 16-20 December 2019.
For more information, interested individuals may contact Dr Antis Loizides at email@example.com.