Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Department of Biological Science
Department of Biological Science
Salary: £35,931 to £42,456 per annum - including London Allowance
Closing Date: Monday 09 December 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Full-Time, Fixed Term
(12 months with possibility for extension for further 12-24 months)
Applications are invited for the post of Postdoctoral Research Assistant in the Institute of Cardiovascular Research led by Professor Pankaj Sharma at Royal Holloway University of London.
An exciting and unique opportunity to be involved in the identification of genetic causes of global stroke. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the research group of clinical academic neurologist Prof Pankaj Sharma. Over the last decade we have amassed one of the world’s largest biorepository of stroke samples from South Asian patients which is now ready for genome wide analysis. Data from non-Caucasian genetic biobanks is of considerable interest to researchers, industry and editors. In addition, we have waiting for analysis genetic data from a global collaboration to understand the genetic aetiology of venous stroke.
You will be responsible for leading the genome wide analysis of our genetic data, in addition to the preparation of manuscripts. You will work closely alongside the project’s Principal Investigator. As many of our collaborations are at global level, you should expect to have some international travel within this job.
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
The post is based in Egham, Surrey where the College is situated in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)178444 3807.
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk. For queries on the application process the Human Resources Department can be contacted by email at: email@example.com
Closing Date: Midnight, 9 December 2019
Interview Date: TBC
More searches like this
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Egham
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Postdocs jobs in Egham
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Related jobs in Egham
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Egham