Programme Support Officer
Location: Fitzwilliam House
Employment type: Permanent
Department: School of Business & Technology
The School of Business and Technology is looking for somebody to coordinate and deliver the operational learner journey and meet the expectations of BPP’s learners on corporate/apprenticeship programmes. The role is an integral part of the delivery and student support teams across the University and will report to the Programme Operations Manager ensuring a smooth educational journey for all learners.
The post holder will carry out key operational tasks related to each learner’s journey in conjunction with key stakeholders across the business. This includes communications to students, clients and stakeholders inside and outside the school, managing and responding in a timely manner to administrative and learner queries as well as ensuring that all key milestones are met operationally for each cohort and programme.
- Act as a point of contact for all programme queries and offer excellent customer service and issue resolution
- Provide regular communication to learners regarding their programme of study, ensuring relevant and consistent messaging for all students
- Coordinating, monitoring and tracking of progression of all key programme elements
- Providing accurate reporting to senior management and other stakeholders
- Ensuring learners have appropriate access to timetables, virtual learning environment, library and other appropriate resources
- Provide academic and safeguarding support to students following policies and procedures
- Monitor learner attendance and follow up in line with student engagement policy
- Liaison with internal departments as necessary, to include: Client Services, Student Records, Examinations Office, Resourcing, Academic Administration and Faculty/Coaching teams.
- Regular and accurate maintenance of appropriate programme information systems (e.g. SharePoint, VLE and Home Pages)
- Record and process academic requests (e.g. extensions and deferrals)
- Coordinate programme ‘at risk’ register ensuring appropriate actions are taken and followed up on
- Booking reviews for Tutors/Coaches and communicate with learners following examination results release around progression, completion and withdrawal
- Ensure that accurate student records are maintained including achievement, progression, milestone tracking and learning support
- Contribute to the development of appropriate programme systems and processes
- Coordinate an induction programme and ensure a smooth registration and on boarding experience
- Other activities as and when required by the school
For the role requirements please refer to the full job description