Postdoctoral Fellow in Nuclear Engineering
5 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Nuclear Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To perform high quality research in Monte Carlo modeling of neutron facility and neutron/gamma radiation detectors and validate the results with experiments.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Develop a new neutron laboratory at Khalifa University
- Perform Monte Carlo simulations of conventional and novel neutron/gamma detectors
- Validate research investigations with experiments using neutron/gamma sources and detectors
- Prepare reports, papers, and technical presentations of the research work
- A PhD degree awarded in nuclear engineering or closely related field
- The successful applicant should be self-motivated and have the capability to work independently as well as with members of the research group
- The candidate must have experience in radiation detection and nuclear instrumentation
- The candidate must possess Monte Carlo modeling experience, especially with MCNP/Geant4. Data analysis using ROOT framework is desired but training will be provided if needed.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Nuclear Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly