Research Officer, Vascular Biology
- Part time 0.5 FTE or 2.5 days per week
- 3 year fixed term contract
- Role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $67,796 - $90,821 pro rata plus up to 17% superannuation
Vascular Biology and Immunopharmacology Group
Our research is focussed on understanding the causes of stroke, hypertension and chronic kidney disease with a view to identifying new biomarkers, drug targets and therapies to reduce the socioeconomic burden of these conditions. We are particularly interested in the roles of oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction and the immune system in promoting the inflammation and tissue damage that occurs in the brain, vascular wall and kidneys during these diseases. For more information on our work click here
About the role
As a research assistant you will be responsible for undertaking a laboratory project within the group investigating the effects of high blood pressure on kidney disease. The applicant will use a range of techniques to investigate the molecular pathways involved in initiating and perpetuating hypertension with the goal of identifying molecular targets for therapeutic intervention.
We are looking for a talented research assistant who can conduct and troubleshoot experiments with a level of independence as well as prepare specimens and run routine laboratory assays.
Skills & Experience
- Completion of Bachelors or Honours degree in a relevant discipline;
- A record of publications, conference papers and/or reports;
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly;
- High level organisational skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- The ability to liaise effectively with a range of collaborators nationally and/or internationally as well as the ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11 pm Monday 2nd December 2019
Position Enquiries: Dr Brooke Huuskes, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 559035 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.