Application closing date 13/11/2019
Location Preston Campus
Salary Grade/Salary: F (£25941-30046)
Job category/type Professional Services
The Financial Services FP&A section is recruiting a Finance Officer to join our team on a fixed term basis, providing comprehensive, customer focused financial advice and support to a range of budget holders within the University. This role will involve:
- Preparation of financial reports and forecasts for nominated departments;
- Operating standard management accounting routines for nominated budgets, including maintenance of accurate records of income and costs, investigation of significant variances, accruals and prepayments and other journals as required;
- Supporting the preparation of the annual budget;
- Assisting the Business Partner and Senior Finance Officer with financial analysis work and the development of business plans;
- Provision of financial and procedural advice to staff in nominated departments.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree standard (or have equivalent work experience) and will be experienced in the preparation of financial reports and implementing routine management accounting processes. They will be able to work both independently and as part of a team, planning to meet deadlines and able to provide advice to budget holders on both routine and more complex financial matters.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.
School/Service: Financial Services - FP&A
Hours: Full time (36.25 hours per week - 1.0 FTE)
Basis: Fixed term contract for 6 months
Interview Date: To be confirmed