Assist/Assoc/Full Professor, Islamic Finance and Economy Program
HBKU’s College of Islamic Studies (CIS) was founded to become a beacon for contemporary Islamic scholarship and thought, and a platform for meaningful intellectual and cultural dialogue on Islam and Muslims. Through its postgraduate programs and research centers, CIS seeks to address some of the most pressing questions facing Muslim communities today, both locally and globally. Through its offerings, the College strives to advance an understanding of Islam and Muslims, and to produce graduates who are able to contribute and excel in a rapidly changing world.
We currently have open rank positions in the Islamic Finance and Economy program.
A full-time professor is expected to lead research that will contribute to the development and expansion of the Islamic Finance and Economy Program. The candidate is required to:
- Contribute to the research strengths of the discipline, including the pursuit of research funding and regular publication in high standing journals.
- Design and teach Islamic, ethical and sustainable finance related modules.
- The ideal candidates must be able to teach and conduct and supervise research in different areas of Islamic, ethical and sustainable finance including: (1) financial innovations (like FinTech and blockchain); (2) Regulatory and institutional frameworks; (3) Leadership; and (4) Quantitative Finance.
- Enhance research leadership within CIS by providing a coherent vision for Islamic, ethical, and sustainable finance.
- Lead submissions for industry grants and institutional/course specific accreditations.
- Be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within CIS and with external stakeholders.
- Supervise MSc and PhD thesis students.
- Contribute to the expansion of the university executive education programs.
- Promote the recruitment and retention of students.
- Should hold a PhD degree in a subject that relates to the program.
- Should have a strong research record of accomplishments within the field, evidenced by publications in highly-ranked journals.
- Should have an experience in industry collaboration and proven track record in obtaining research grants from both public and private sectors.
- Should have a strong ambition to contribute to the commercialization of scientific results on behalf of society and industry.
- International experience is an important advantage.
- Should have verifiable qualities related to academic education.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can start immediately and commit to serving on a wide range of educational activities.
- Should possess organizational skills and is a team player.
- Should possess strong leadership competencies in a university or industry context.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit their complete application (CV, cover letter, research statement, teaching statement and names of three references with their full contact information) on the following link: Click here to apply
We will start reviewing applications from November 10, 2019 and will continue to review until positions are filled.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as housing & transportation allowances, children educational assistance, annual paid leave and airfares, medical insurance etc.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.
More searches like this
- Permanent Economics & Econometrics Academic Posts jobs in Qatar
- Permanent Economics & Econometrics Professors / Chairs jobs in Qatar
- Permanent Economics & Econometrics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Qatar
- Permanent Economics & Econometrics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Qatar
- Permanent Economics & Econometrics Tutors jobs in Qatar