Postdoctoral Research Associate in Transport
- Opportunity to be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in Transport Behavioural Modelling and/or Technology Adoption
- Located at Darlington Campus, in the School of Civil Engineering
- Full-Time, 24 months Fixed Term, Academic Level A: Base Salary: $94,629 p.a. - $101,018 p.a. plus a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
Applications are invited for the appointment of one Postdoctoral Research Associate (Level A) in the School of Civil Engineering, within the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sydney. The position will contribute to the research and leadership of the School of Civil Engineering in the newly launched Transport Engineering program.
Emergence of new technologies such as autonomous vehicles, increases in data availability and advances in data science are paving the way for exciting and unprecedented opportunities to shape the next generation of transportation systems. The successful applicant(s) will help build a new research group headed by Dr. Emily Moylan to develop data-driven, stochastic methods in transport system performance assessment to support the adoption of new technologies and understand the evolution of travel behaviour.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who:
- Holds a PhD in civil engineering, spatial planning, transport, psychology or related fields
- Has published ground-breaking research in the area of behavioural modelling or perceptions of travel time in high quality international journals
- Has demonstrated interest and aptitude for formulating methodologies to test hypotheticals associated with the adoption of transport innovations such as autonomous vehicles
- Possesses strong communication skills
The School of Civil Engineering is one of 5 schools in the Faculty of Engineering. The School has a reputation for the quality of its graduates, for the breadth, depth and innovation in its undergraduate curriculum, and for the strength of its research and postgraduate teaching programs.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2377/1119F to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Thursday 5 December 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.