UNSW Built Environment (BE) is one of the largest built environment faculties in Australia and is internationally renowned for its comprehensive range of multidisciplinary degree programs.
The Faculty Research Manager plays a key role supporting the Associate Dean (Research) to implement the research strategy in the Faculty through the management of Faculty research operations, including high level project management, reporting and analytical support, strategic research communications, managing key research relationships, providing high level advice on policy and strategy and relevant administrative support. The successful candidate will foster and maintain strong strategic and value-adding relationships and networks across the University and industry.
- Salary: $106,711- $120,233 + 9.5% superannuation & Annual Leave loading
- 6-12 month contract
- Full time- 35hr/per week
- Location: Kensington Campus – Sydney, Australia
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Manage Faculty research databases and pro-actively analyse and report on the Faculty’s research performance, external funding success and other relevant metrics and recommend initiatives to improve research performance
- Lead, motivate and develop the Research Support team, and foster a culture of collaboration and customer service
- Develop and manage effective communications to researchers and prospective and current research students relating to funding opportunities, Faculty initiatives and research policy and process, including through internal and external newsletters and events
- Effectively manage major Faculty research projects, internal grant schemes, and other initiatives and programs on behalf of the Associate Dean
- Contribute to the Faculty Research Committee (and other relevant Committees, working groups or meetings) by providing information, advice and assistance as required
- Undertake high level market research and analysis of data relating to the education sector, competitor analysis, enrolment and student statistics and research performance, and present reports to the Faculty Executive highlighting trends and implications for the Faculty and by School
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this role can be found in the attached position description below.
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
- Pre-employment checks required for this position.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Applications close: 11:50pm, Wednesday 4th Dec 2019 (AEDT)
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au