Chief Researcher, EBTIC
Organization Name EBTIC
About University Khalifa University of Science and Technology
Khalifa University is a world-class,research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
Purpose Of Role:
The role holder develops world-class capability within his/her technical field, which is recognised both within EBTIC’s partners and externally. He/she typically leads a group of researchers working within a well-defined technical theme. The role holder leads on development of new research areas within EBTIC or in collaboration with external partners, and is likely to be active in the international arena within their field, e.g. formal or de-facto standards bodies, conference organising committees, professional bodies etc.
- To initiate,define and manage research projects or programmes (both internal to EBTIC and/or with collaborative partners) to ensure alignment and underpinning of EBTIC’s partners strategic objectives.
- To manage research projects and market or commercial analysis projects (both internal toEBTIC and/or with collaborative partners).
- To provide line management, mentoring or guidance of researchers, technicians or students(as required).
- To build strong relationships with key people in the Lines of Business of EBTIC’s partners and working with others as necessary in EBTIC to deliver value from their research.
- To generate tangible value for EBTIC and its partners through research and creation and protection of intellectual properties and licensable technology.
- Provide consultancy and advice to internal or external customers on investments in new technology (systems or networks) to support their business strategy and objectives.
- To run an external research & collaboration programme which enhances the overall knowledge base of EBTIC.
- To act as the trusted expert for EBTIC and its partners.
- To communicate commercial opportunities to all levels with maximum impact.
- To contribute to EBTIC’s world-class standing in research and innovation through appropriate communications, including internal reports or presentations,external presentations to customers and peers, journal publications, popular science articles etc
- MSc or PhD Degree is required
- Proven track record of delivering research projects that bring value to the business
- Relevant research experience.
- Extensive research/innovation programme and project management expertise, with a thorough understanding of business strategy and goals.
How To Apply
- Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers.
- All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)