Senior Researcher, EBTIC
Organization Name EBTIC
About University Khalifa University of Science and Technology
Khalifa University is a world-class,research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
Purpose Of Role:
The roleholder is either leader or joint owner of research activity in one or more technical areas.
- To contribute original work which leads to new solutions to research problems in areas supporting EBTIC’s strategic priorities, or new fields with potential impact on EBTIC partner’s future business.
- To manage research projects or tasks within projects (both internal to EBTIC and/or with collaborative partners).
- To influence the strategic direction of technical projects in order that EBTIC partners can intercept the most appropriate market opportunity with best effect.
- To propose and pursue new opportunities for EBTIC’s partners arising from his/her research(e.g. new revenues, cost savings or improvements to customer service).
- To communicate commercial opportunities to all levels with maximum impact.
- To generate tangible value for EBTIC and its partners through research and creation and protection of Intellectual Properties and licensable technology.
- To take a lead role when working with clients and collate the combined outputs of the technical team to present back to the customer.
- To contribute to EBTIC’s world-class standing in research and innovation through appropriate communications, including internal reports or presentations,external presentations to customers and peers, journal publications, popular science articles etc.
- To provide Consultancy on his/her area of expertise to other project teams as required.
- MSc or PhD Degree is required.
- Expert in one or more technical disciplines.
- Relevant research experience.
How To Apply
- Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers.
- All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)