Research Associate in Applied Cryptography
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting
- FREE Onsite GYM, pool and Indoor Sports Centre
- A strong commitment to staff development and learning
- A strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
- Location: Canberra, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
This role will be situated within the School of Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT). The engineering disciplines have close research collaborations promoting multidisciplinary research opportunities. Over recent years SEIT has produced more than 400 high impact research publications each year and continues to perform exceptionally in terms of research outputs and grant funding obtained through competitive funding opportunities as offered by the Australian Research Council, Industry partners and Defence, in addition to generous internal support provided by UNSW Canberra.
About the role
- Level A: $95,449 to $102,091 pa (+17% super and leave loading)
- Fixed term – 36 months
UNSW Canberra has an exciting opportunity for a Research Associates in Applied Cryptography. You will be a key member of the research team on the Australian Research Council Discovery Linkage Project “Developing A Smart Farming Oriented Secure Data Infrastructure”.
Your research will focus on advanced blockchain based technology and secure online bidding protocols. You will also have an opportunity to undertake teaching and supervise students research.
With the support of senior academics and the research team you will develop your research to be published in peer reviewed journals. You will also need to travel in this role as you will present your research findings at national and/or international conferences when required.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A PhD degree by research in Computer Science or Math or related discipline. Evidence of passing the PhD thesis examination is acceptable. It will be desirable to have a background in applied cryptography.
- A demonstrated ability to conduct innovative and independent research.
- A record of papers in high quality journals and/or conferences of high ranking in the field, such as IEEE INFOCOM, EUROCRYPT, IEEE TIFS etc.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Matlab mix programming or Java programming.
How to apply: If you want to continue your research in novel optimization algorithms in a collaborative and supportive environment please submit your CV, cover letter and responses to the selection criteria
Eugene Aves, Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (+61 2) 9385 3475
Prof. Jiankun Hu
T: (+61 2) 6268 8186
Applications close: 11:30 pm (AEST), Wednesday 4th December 2019
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Any questions about the application process - please contact Eugene Aves or email email@example.com