Senior Lecturer in Paramedicine
- Provide lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes within the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
- Contribute to scholarship within the discipline of paramedicine and/or learning and teaching
- Full-time continuing position available at our St Patricks Campus in Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The National School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine comprises a team of highly motivated and dedicated academic and professional staff who have built a strong teaching and learning environment as evidenced by student demand, entry levels and student course evaluation over several years. The School currently consists of over 8,600 students (headcount) and is located on five campuses: Brisbane, North Sydney, Melbourne, Ballarat and Canberra.
More specifically the role entails:
- Teaching into the undergraduate and postgraduate programs in paramedicine
- Contributing to and lead excellence in teaching and curriculum development in both the undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
- Engagement in scholarship related to the discipline of Paramedicine and/or learning and teaching
- Providing leadership in curriculum design and development that upholds or exceeds higher education accreditation standards.
You will need:
- a PhD (or progress towards a PhD, or a Masters by Research and willingness to undertake PhD) in Paramedicine or a relevant discipline
- evidence of quality student centred teaching and effective administration of units and/or courses
- leadership and/or course coordination experience
- commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- current registration with AHPRA as a Paramedic
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $139,189 - $151,107 per annum, including salary component $125,766 - $136,650 per annum (Academic Classification Level C), plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Ms Nicole Blakey, Acting Head of School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedicine (VIC) on 03 9953 3293 or via email to email@example.com until the 15th November and then after that Associate Professor Alicia Evans, Head of School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedicine on 03 9953 3187 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 29 November 2019