English Language Instructor
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: Position open until filled
Summary of the Position
The English language Instructor vacancy is a part time position and does not require full day engagement. The Instructor reports to the Manager of Learning Centre Bishkek and works closely with other staff members of UCA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching English courses and programmes
- Coordinating specific English programmes
- Participating in developing proposals for corporate English courses and programmes
- Participating in marketing and promotion of SPCE courses and programmes
- Submitting reporting documents (individual plans, examination registers, grade reports) on time
- Ensuring high attendance of students in classes, contacting students, and reacting on their needs
- Ensuring safety of equipment and furniture in the classrooms and offices
- Performing other duties (extra-curricular activities, English clubs)
Required Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in teaching English;
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience, especially teaching adults;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Russian languages (TKT, IELTS, TOEFL certificates required);
- Communication Skills: The Instructor must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Instruction Skills: The Instructor will have to explain unfamiliar concepts with authority and concisely so that students can understand.
- Writing Skills: Writing skills are critical.
- Creativity: Teachers must find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers must work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by August 10th 2019. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Part-time English Language Instructors.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.