Head of Student Records
Location: London Liverpool Street
Closing date: 08/11/2019
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Employment type: Permanent
The Head of Student Records is responsible for the operation, staff and processes for Student Records, Registration and Student Loan Company funding at BPP University across all Schools and UK study centres.
The post-holder will ensure the Student Records team deliver an effective, customer focused service to all students which maximises the production of timely and accurate data in support of statutory and regulatory requirements, strategic planning and student satisfaction.
- Operational management of BPP’s Student Records and SLC Funding teams, ensuring the best possible experience for all of BPP’s students throughout the student journey
- Accountable for the maintenance and management of an accurate, central record of information relating to students in compliance with legal requirements including the Equality and Data Protection Acts.
- Devising and implementing appropriate processes for the registration of all BPP University students to ensure they are registered in compliance with BPP’s policies and entry requirements as well as satisfying the requirements of external and validating bodies and such as the UKVI, QAA, SRA and BSB.
- Maintain a specialist knowledge of Higher Education student support issues which can be disseminated within the team and other staff
- Lead a team of registry officers and SLC experts.
- Support the Head of Registry Operations in the management of service budget to achieve maximum cost effectiveness
- Responsible for the attendance and registration data confirmed to the Student Loans Company to ensure students are charged correct tuition fees and receive maintenance loans a timely manner.
- Provision of reports, management information and presentations to a range of stakeholders as required
- Ensure appropriate communication is provided to students throughout their student journey, including the issue, review and actions from student surveys
- Effective recruitment, supervision, appraisal, and development of staff
- Promote inclusive working practices and ensure compliance with Data Protection requirements
- Ensure remote student support systems such as the Student Advice email consistently met SLAs.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- To assist with setting up and maintenance of the new student information systems
- Managing programme specific variations to standard processes
- Complying with the Data Protection Act and ensuring that all new systems are reported to the Data Protection Controller
- Proactively and independently developing a detailed knowledge of BPP’s regulatory framework, programmes and courses
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required commensurate with the grade of the position.
Skills, knowledge and qualifications required
The candidate will be educated to a degree or equivalent qualification level with experience of leading and developing a team. The successful candidate will have experience of delivering registry functions and experience of monitoring service delivery.
- Substantial experience in a University registry function
- Proven ability to manage and develop a responsive service
- Experience of working within a regulatory framework and implementing appropriate procedures to ensure effective service delivery
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and use analytical skills in resolving problems with confidence in making strategic decisions
- Ability to set own goals in addition to leading a team and achieving key service performance indicators
- Good organisational and time management skills with a commitment to continuing professional development
- Demonstrable project management skills and confidence in leading a team through change
- Demonstrable experience of commitment to improving service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to engage and influence a range of audiences
Some evening and weekend work may be required at peak times, as will travel to other sites.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo DBS check