Lead Operations Manager
Application closing date: 21/11/2019
Salary: Salary: Grade 6, £40,322 – 49,553
Package: Excellent benefits package
Construction Scotland Innovation Centre (CSIC)
We have an exciting opportunity to join Construction Scotland Innovation Centre as a Lead Operations Manager.
The Construction Scotland Innovation Centre supports Scotland's construction related businesses, clients and key stakeholders to collaborate, innovate and grow by matching innovation requirements with business support and academic excellence. We offer advice, funding, facilitation and access to appropriate expertise, improving Scotland's competitiveness and growing economic, social and environmental impact. Activity focuses around key challenges & opportunities for the sector including digital transformation, accelerating industrialisation, building sustainably and cultural change.
The role is based at CSIC's Innovation Factory at Hamilton International Technology Park. This unique GBP 2.5million facility supports the construction sector to innovate, collaborate and grow, featuring advanced technology and specialist equipment including industrial robotics, digital manufacturing tools and virtual and augmented reality technology that can be used for prototyping, commercialisation and training purposes, alongside meeting and event spaces where the sector can come together to explore the future and learn.
The role holder will lead the day to day management of CSIC's operations including data management and reporting, finance functions, centre management, quality systems and IT functions. Managing an expanding team, you will lead the professional and efficient running of the centre's operations.
Who We Are Looking For
The role holder will support the organisation through effective management and delivery of all operations processes, including close liaison with our host Edinburgh Napier University.
The objectives of the role are to:
- Improve the understanding of business performance and identifying systems to create improvements
- Support the broader CSIC team to deliver projects and programmes more effectively and efficiently
- Providing effective systems and procedures to ensure key operational and financial targets are delivered.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- A degree in business or operations management, or other relevant qualification
- Experience analysing and improving organizational processes, and working to improve quality, productivity and efficiency.
- Experience in leading data management and reporting functions in an organisation.
- Experience of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Experience managing the IT function for an organisation.
- Experience managing a team and creating a strong and positive team culture.
- Experience in leading change and improvement processes to deliver effective systems and operations.
- Experience delivering HR systems and processes.
- Experience managing front line customer service operations.
- Experience managing processes for compliance monitoring and legal and risk processes.
To know more about this exciting opportunity please click here to view the role profile.
CSIC works with a variety of university and college partners across Scotland and internationally and is administered by Edinburgh Napier University.
Benefits We Offer
Salary: Grade 6, GBP 40,322 - 49,553
Further information about our benefits can be found here
Closing date: Thursday 21st November (midnight GMT)
First Interviews: Monday 2nd November
Second Interviews (If called through): Wednesday 11th December
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations (Advance HE's Athena SWAN Charter) and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.