Instructor/Assistant/Associate Professor, Multimedia/Graphic Design
Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. With over 900 faculty and staff serving approximately 10,000 students across two main campuses - as well as satellite locations in Abu Dhabi and Dubai- the University prepares graduates to become leaders in government, business, cultural organizations, civil society, and family life. The University expects its graduates to be fully bilingual in English and Arabic, proficient in the use of computing technology, and strong in quantitative and research skills. The primary language of instruction and administration is English. Zayed University is fully accredited in the U.A.E. as well as by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the U.S.A. The United Arab Emirates is a progressive country known for its high standard of living and its safe and family-friendly environment.
The College of Art and Creative Enterprises (CACE)
CACE offers students a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in the following: Animation, Graphic Design, Interior Design and Visual Art and a shared BSc in Multimedia Design. Additionally, we offer a minor in Curatorial Studies. CACE aims to prepare students to become creative leaders in the arts and related industries. Our mission is to provide student artists and designers with an opportunity to explore and develop their own creative ideas while contributing to national initiatives in the culture of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). We have received Substantial Equivalency from the National Schools of Art & Design for our academic programs. Candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and initiatives of the college that will advocate innovative practice and research.
In order to meet the growing enrollment at the college, CACE seeks two qualified candidates to fill a full-time, multi-year, faculty position in the areas of Multimedia Design and Graphic Design to teach in the baccalaureate programs in Multimedia that include courses in the programs of Animation Design and/or Graphic Design on the Abu Dhabi and Dubai campus starting January 2020.
Applicants must have earned a terminal degree of a Master of Fine Arts or PhD in Multimedia and/or Graphic Design, or a related field of Art or Design (including Architecture, Product Design) and demonstrate a strong record of professional or artistic activity and accomplishments in the area of Multimedia. The successful applicant will have a record of teaching and will be expected to teach both introductory and advanced level courses. Experience with graduate programs would be an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate versatility, forward thinking, and advanced working software knowledge appropriate to Animation, Interactive Design, Multimedia Design and Graphic Design. The position requires an interdisciplinary approach and the candidate will have the opportunity to teach courses including web design, motion graphics, or motion foundations, UI, UX, experiential design and general Graphic Design and/or Animation. The candidate’s innovative approaches to engaging students in multimedia design tools and digital skills should be evident within their teaching – statement of teaching philosophy, syllabi and samples of student work. Ability to contribute to any of the key research priorities such as new graphics and fabrication technologies, virtual reality and immersive media will be considered an asset.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
- A proven record of excellence at baccalaureate-level teaching.
- Dedication to curricular innovation.
- Commitment to a sustained pace of scholarship and/or creative activities, and an interest in collaboration.
- A record of professional accomplishment appropriate to their rank.
- Substantial level of computer literacy and a good proficiency of usage of IT in education.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Please visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website.
In addition to completing the online application form, please include the following:
- Cover letter,
- Current Curricular Vitae Statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy
- Statement of scholarly and creative interests
- Sample syllabi
- Copies of the terminal degree and transcript
- The names and contact details of three professional references
- Online portfolio (10-15 samples) of professional/research work and (10-15 samples) of student outcomes should be provided by hyperlink on your letter or send to Hanan AlGarni
More searches like this
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Other Academic jobs in United Arab Emirates