RF Research Engineer, KTP Associate IQHQ
Application closing date 07/11/2019
Faculty / School or Service Institute of Future Transport and Cities (IFTC)
Salary £33,000 - £35,000 per annum
Job category/type Research
Fixed term contract for 30 months
Based at IQHQ, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 3SZ
An exciting opportunity has become available for the graduate/MSc/PhD candidate, working with academic and industrial support to develop and update advanced cognitive radio systems which can cope in a modern harsh radio environment, with a range of electronic spectrum and cyber threats, in a constantly changing environment. This is a multi-discipline project in electronics, digital signal processing (DSP), systems engineering and embedded systems. This position is a 30 month fixed term contract, with a dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development. This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a strategically important project, delivering technical expertise whilst developing management experience, under the guidance of both the company and the university.
As one of the few waveform development companies in Europe, we not only implement communication waveforms, we test and develop them from the ground up. Using the latest techniques and cutting edge research with virtually limitless control and configuration, when paired with our hardware packages this provides a true Software Defined Radio (SDR).
Please visit: http://www.iqhq.co.uk/about-us/what-we-do/
KTP is a world-leading programme that helps businesses succeed by connecting them to the UK's rich academic resources. It's a partnership between the business seeking expertise, Coventry University and a recently qualified graduate - known as a KTP Associate.
If you have questions about this role please contact:
For general information T: +44 (0)24 7615 8258 or for project information: Hoang Nga Nguyen on 07475145146
Qualifications we require:
Good degree (1st class or 2.1) in an appropriate subject, preferably electronic engineering or software engineering, computing, computer science, electronics,cybersecurity.
MSc or PhD in an appropriate subject, preferably electronic engineering or software engineering, computing, computer science, electronics, cybersecurity.
The successful candidate mustpossess at least 3 of the following:
- Knowledge of radio communicationssystems.
- Knowledge of software definedradios, hardware and hardware interfaces.
- Knowledge of digital signalprocessing (DSP) for RF systems.
- Knowledge of programming waveformsin MATLAB or C
- Basic experience in or understandingof Systems Engineering.
- Knowledge and/or significantinterest in cyber security and modelling.
- Knowledge of the basics of militaryengineering (i.e. security aspects of military hardware, 'hardening' ofmilitary equipment and radio systems or common techniques for securing militaryequipment.
Essential skills we require asa minimum:
- Ideally be a UK national, withexisting security clearance, or the ability to be security cleared.
- Ability to carry out a researchproject under minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly andtake responsibility for the project.
- Ability to work with colleagues in ahigh tech manufacturing company at all levels to ensure that knowledge becomesembedded within the company.
KTP is supported by Innovate UK which is the UK's Innovationagency. They work with people, companies and partner organisations to find anddrive the science and technology innovations that will grow the UK economy.