Senior Lecturer, Management
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
- Undertake independent teaching at undergraduate, honors and postgraduate level, including designing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback
- Undertake independent professional activities, scholarship and/or conduct high quality research activities appropriate to the profession or discipline.
- Publishing research results in high quality journals as lead or co-author; preparing and submitting external research funding applications; and supervising HDR candidates
- Manage course amendment processes and course-related policies.
Key selection criteria
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience in University
- Ability to undertake course coordination and development roles.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by up-to-date publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects.
- Recent and sustained performance regarding student outcomes, student experience and feedback; combined with experience and skill in a range of teaching settings.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track records in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
- 20 days annual leave plus two University public holidays (in addition to standard local public holidays) plus additional 4 days paid leave over Christmas period 2019, plus 10 days sick leave per annum.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance + flight + reimbursement of all work permit and visa related costs + private medical insurance + annual health check
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- Free shuttle bus service to and from campus to D1 and D7 for pick up and drop off (Monday-Friday)
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of well being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0, or BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75) or equivalent.
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching 'management' focused subjects in a tertiary education environment.
To find out more
For further information click on the documents below:
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 1 December 2019