Manufacturing Software Engineer, Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate
Application closing date 29/11/2019
Faculty / School or Service Institute of Future Transport and Cities (IFTC)
Salary £29,000 - £33,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience, plus circa £4,000 to fund personal training and development.
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances
Job category/type Research
This is an exciting opportunity for an MSc/PhD candidate to work with Coventry University & Wolf Systems Ltd, on an approved Innovate UK Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project. The successful candidate will be employed by Coventry University and based at Wolf Systems, to develop and implement a bespoke manufacturing and scheduling solution to support the continued growth of the company. The position is a 24 month fixed term contract, with a dedicated training budget tailored towards your own personal development. This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a challenging industry first project, delivering technical expertise whilst developing your own management experience.
About Wolf Systems:
Wolf Systems Ltd, established in 1988, provides products & related software for timber engineering. Wolf Systems Ltd manufactures punched metal nail plate and metal webs at its factory in Coventry. These products are used in the manufacture of timber trusses which are used in roofs, floors and walls. Wolf Systems also develops and provides custom engineering software to its licensed customers. Wolf Systems' main customers are Timber Engineering businesses in the UK & Ireland and Europe.
Wolf Systems is wholly owned by the Wolf Group. This Group employs over 3000 staff across21 European countries.
Please visit: https://www.wolfsystem.co.uk/home.aspx
KTP is a world-leading programme that helps businesses succeed by connecting them to the UK's rich academic resources. It's a partnership between the business seeking expertise, Coventry University and a recently qualified graduate - known as a KTP Associate.
If you have questions about this opportunity please contact: Ammar Al Bazi on:
T: 02477 659 182
Qualifications we require:
MSc or PhD in an appropriate subject such as software engineering, software development, oroperations management/research. Or, BSc(1st class or 2.1) with significant coding experience considered.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Applied experience of object oriented programming languages JAVA, and/or Python is essential. (final year project/placement experience is acceptable)
- Experience of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Interest in the field of the manufacturing sector and an understanding of manufacturing systems and technologies.
- Knowledge of Automation and Robotics.
- Knowledge of Agent-based concept.
- Knowledge of Project Management (PM) tools and techniques.
- Full UK/international driving licence and own transport essential
Essential skills we require asa minimum:
- Ability to carry out a research project under minimum supervision.
- Ability to analyse and interpret results.
- Ability to write reports, present, communicate clearly and take responsibility for theproject.
- Ability to work with colleagues in a manufacturing company at all levels to ensure that knowledge becomes embedded within the company.
Apply online: http://www.coventry.ac.uk/
KTP is supported by Innovate UK which is the UK's Innovation agency. They work with people, companies and partner organisations to find and drive the science and technology innovations that will grow the UK economy.
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Computer Science Research Related jobs in Coventry
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in Coventry
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Computer Science Professional Services jobs in Coventry
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Computer Science Knowledge Transfer / Business Links jobs in Coventry