Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Psychology
Department of Psychology
Salary: £29,645 to £34,951 per annum - including London Allowance
Closing Date: Monday 25 November 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 10 December 2019
Part-Time, Fixed-Term (0.6 FTE)
Applications are invited for the post of Research Assistant in the Department of Psychology.
We seek to appoint an enthusiastic, friendly, and talented research assistant to work across the Language and Reading Acquisition (LARA) lab and the Neuroscience of Communication Development (N-CoDe) lab. The successful candidate will contribute to behavioural and neuroscientific research. With supervision, you will be responsible for collecting, analysing and writing up data, as well as contributing to experimental task design and programming. The post will involve liaising with children and adolescents, their parents/caregivers and school staff to collect data in schools and at the department. The post will provide excellent training and experience for those interested in pursuing a career in developmental psychology, neuroscience, educational psychology, speech and language therapy or teaching.
You will have:
- At least a 2:i first degree (desirable) and Master’s degree (desirable) in psychology, speech and language therapy or a closely related discipline
- Quantitative research experience, preferably in the school setting
- Experience of conducting research with children
- An interest in conducting neuroscientific research
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly with children and their caregivers
- An enthusiastic, friendly, and professional manner and a strong ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven time-management and organisational skills
- Willingness to obtain clearance to work with children from the DBS
This is a part-time post, available from January 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter for a fixed term period of six months.
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
The post is based in Egham, Surrey where the College is situated in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Dr Jessie Ricketts on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1784 414 623.
To find out more about the LARA lab, see: http://pc.rhul.ac.uk/sites/lara/
To find out more about the N-CoDe lab, see: http://www.salonikrishnan.com/
The College cannot apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship for this post. Candidates applying for this position need to have their own permission to work in the UK based on UK Visa and Immigration requirements.
Closing Date: Midnight, 25 November 2019
Interview Date: 10 December 2019
Please note that it will not be possible for the College to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship for successful candidates as this role does not fall into one of the standard occupational codes deemed eligible for sponsorship by UK Visas and Immigration. Successful candidates will therefore need to be eligible to work in the UK or have limited leave to remain in the UK and associated right to work for the duration of their employment with the College, in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.