Assist/Assoc/Full Professor, College of Public Policy
The College of Public Policy (CPP)
The newly launched College of Public Policy (CPP) has a mission to provide interdisciplinary, innovative, ethically informed analysis of real-world problems, to improve policy design and implementation in Qatar and the region, and to contribute to global knowledge and human development through ground-breaking ideas and research.
Owing to its position at a global crossroads in terms of culture, business, and geopolitics, Qatar is at the heart of a region that needs leaders who can manage multi-faceted relationships spanning different policy issues and governance systems, who also have a strong command over a wide range of skills.
CPP addresses these needs by offering training to graduate students from a range of disciplines in the skills needed to design, implement, analyse, and evaluate complex policy initiatives. The new Master of Public Policy (MPP) offers world-class academic and professional training, in subjects relating to policy analysis, policy design, implementation, evaluation, comparison, ethics, and management.
HBKU’s CPP invites applications for faculty positions for the academic year 2019-2020. Candidates will be appointed at the rank of Full, Associate or Assistant Professor, depending on qualifications, teaching, and research experience. Successful candidates will teach the CPP Master of Public Policy program, and contribute to its emerging research profile, and also engage with stakeholders in Qatar and the region to address practical policy needs.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- PhD or terminal degree from an accredited university in the fields of public policy analysis, policy evaluation and implementation, global public policy, or public management
- Evidence of proficiency and success in teaching, student supervision, and curriculum and program development
- Research and scholarly achievements judged competent and adequate in comparison with peers active in the same field at a major research university
- Significant national, regional, and international reputation in scholarly endeavors (funded research grants, publications, IP/patents, etc.) in comparison with peers active in the same field at a major research university
- Ability to work with and lead diverse groups, cultures, and communities
- Evidence of significant national, regional, and international networks and collaborations in both teaching and research activities
- Arabic proficiency is an advantage
Other Required Qualifications
HBKU’s CPP invites candidates across all areas of public policy and management, and is especially interested in candidates with expertise in the following:
- Policy Analysis and Design
- Policy Evaluation
- Public Management and Implementation
- Ethics of Public Policy
- Global Environmental and Sustainable Development Policy
- Global Policies of Human and Social Development and Health
The College is particularly interested in candidates who demonstrate the ability to combine global perspectives with local, national and regional policy-making processes and outcomes, through connecting national policy initiatives and challenges to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and global initiatives and trends in sustainability, climate change and resilience.
The candidate would be expected to teach both introductory and specialized courses, and to participate in the intellectual life of a talented, vibrant and unique legal community. Candidates should have a superior academic record, with demonstrable evidence of, or a strong potential for, excellence and innovation in teaching, scholarly research and service.
All candidates are required to contribute, through teaching, research and service, to HBKU becoming a world-class research university. They are expected to collaborate with other faculty members and students to create a vibrant university community.
How to apply
Candidates should submit their complete application (CV, cover letter, research statement, teaching statement and names of three references with their full contact information) at the following link: Click here to apply
The position will remain open until filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Selected candidates must start by fall 2020.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as housing and transportation allowances, children educational assistance, annual paid leave and airfares, medical insurance etc.
We are committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.
More searches like this
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Academic Posts jobs in Qatar
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Professors / Chairs jobs in Qatar
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Qatar
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Qatar