Psychology, Academic, Lecturer/Tutor/Marker
We now have a number of sessional/ casual teaching opportunities for experts in psychology. Investing in the future of your profession whilst developing your own career, you will have the opportunity to provide casual teaching, tutoring and marking within the Discipline of Psychology at JCU. Opportunities exist based at Townsville, North Queensland.
To be successful in the role of Academic Casual Lecturer Psychology or Academic Casual Tutor Psychology you will have;
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology
- A strong commitment to delivering high quality contemporary learning activities via face to face and online technologies to enhance the student experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact with a diverse range of students and stakeholders
- The ability to work flexible hours during the academic year including days and evenings
- The ability to deliver materials to cohorts of varying sizes from small tutorials of 8- 25 students to large lectures with up to 300 students
The potential subject areas you may cover include;
- Introductory Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Critical thinking
- Principles of Counselling
- Social Psychology
- Statistics and research methods
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Memory and cognition
- Psychological Neuroscience
- Lifespan Development
- Learning and behaviour
- Psychometrics/Psychological Assessment
- Foundations of modern psychology
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focusing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
How to Apply
Visit the Careers at JCU website to submit a resume and covering letter via vacancy reference number 16935. Applications will be periodically reviewed and retained on file as an “active application” for up to 3 months (expires 31st January 2020).
Please feel free to flag your application addressing DR Kerry McBain to; firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 478 15264.