Director of MDHS Education Programs
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
Salary: Attractive salary package negotiable
A newly developed role that will put you at the forefront in shaping the future of Health Education.
This position will provide leadership within the education portfolio of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (MDHS). The role will ensure the successful delivery of the MDHS Education Programs strategy. You will provide leadership, vision and high-level strategic advice and direction with respect to current and future education for the Faculty. You will work closely with program leads to enable successful implementation of the relevant programs, ensuring appropriate resources and governance are in place for successful delivery, and provide oversight and monitoring of resources.
Effective development and management of key internal and external relationships will be an integral and necessary part of this position.
You will possess;
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of extensive relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the business development, delivery and evaluation of tertiary level education programs, post graduate and/or executive education programs.
- Demonstrated versatility, flexibility, and a high level of self-motivation and initiative to recommend, develop and implement innovative solutions, and a capacity to work effectively as a team member and individually as required.
- Experience in leading, influencing, and coordinating others in a complex operating environment.
- Experience in providing applicable metrics and measures to enable evidence-based decisions about tertiary level education programs
- High level interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise and influence a range of people across all levels of the organization
- Excellent written communication skills
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Since 1862, the University of Melbourne has contributed to the health and wellbeing of society – training excellent clinicians and producing high-impact research that makes a real difference to people’s lives. At ninth place on the Times Higher Education (THE) 2019 rankings for clinical, pre-clinical and health disciplines, the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences attracts some of the best and brightest minds in Australia and overseas. At the Faculty, our primary responsibility is to our students and their careers. Students come to the University of Melbourne to be inspired, and sometimes transformed, by talented teachers. Our teaching academics do more than impart information – they help students realise their potential, spark their curiosity, and embody a commitment to the health and wellbeing of society and its citizens. https://mdhs.unimelb.edu.au/
We offer a number of employee benefits to maximise your work life at University of Melbourne (UOM). Some of the benefits on offer are a salary packaging scheme, flexible family friendly policies - providing generous leave and working conditions. An opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment with substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at UOM
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Brochure for the role.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to:
Applications close: 25 Nov 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time