Research Assistant, School of Social Sciences
The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH) seeks the employment of an enthusiastic applicant to fill the position of Research Assistant to assist in the running of the research project Postgraduate Teaching Programme: A Scientific, Historical and Intercultural Dialogue.
Vacancy Available: One
School/Department: School of Social Sciences (SSS)
Job Family: Administration
Type of Contract: PTE
Hours of Work: 24 Hours/Week (Normally 8: 30 AM – 04: 30 PM) 3 full days
Place of Work: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH)
Reporting To: Dr. Olga Babenko
Appointment Duration: Approximately 11 Months
Probation Period: 3 months
Application Deadline: Application is open until the position is filled
Monthly Salary: USD500.00
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN REQUIREMENTS
- Accompanying the Principle Investigator to a number of universities located in Erbil, Soran and Duhok governorates – once or twice per week for the first 3 months;
- Recording and filing the collected data (Excel, Word, good typing skills);
- Conducting daily communication (emails, letters) in Kurdish and English;
- Assisting in preparing workshops and seminars on educational topics;
- Arranging meetings with external cultural contacts (museums, art galleries);
- Taking part in working groups, committees, etc.
- Performing daily research tasks as directed by the Principle Investigator;
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line-manager.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the Vacancy Title: Research Assistant and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.