Post Doctoral in Cell Physiology/Applied Bio Physics
1 day left
- Full Time
Postdoctoral research position is available to work with dept. of Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering of the United Arab Emirates University. The work is in the interdisciplinary area of cell physiology and characterization.
PhD in Cell Physiology or Applied Bio Physics
Demonstrated strong experimental and analytical skills in biophysics, cell physiology and biochemistry in biological systems.
- Significant experience and technical skills in design, execution, and interpretation of relevant experiments using biophysical methods
- Familiarity with basic electronics concept like electrical field, capacitance, voltage etc.
- Experience with cell culture is a plus
- Able to understand and explain the cell changes (composition, structure etc.) in the presence of electrical field
- Basic knowledge of cancer cell division and characteristics •Candidate will plan, perform and manage research projects independently, and as part of a team, and disseminate results via peer-reviewed journal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required.
- Postdoctoral experience and publication in international peer-reviewed journals are desirable.
- Adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands.
- We are looking for a person who will interact broadly, both within the laboratories and with other research groups, and faculty members in the department who share a spirit of interaction and collaboration.
- In our group we value independent critical thinking and candid discussion of all aspects of science.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Candidates should submit their curriculum vitae along with the contact information of three referees
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department Electrical Engineering - (COE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Post-Doctoral