Information Technology Training Coordinator
1 day left
- Full Time
- Plans, develops, organizes and coordinates all information technology-related training activities and curriculum for the United Arab Emirates University IT Services.
- Participates as directed in conducting the necessary Training need analysis to identify the training and development needs of the personnel, group and departments at United Arab Emirates University. To ensure that the necessary upgrade of skills and the development of staff is undertaken to enable the information to be operated with the new technologies and in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participates as directed in developing training plans and programs to fulfill the approved training requirements and coordinates and monitors their implementation. To ensure that the approved training and development needs are implemented successfully and that personnel attain their training goals in a cost effective manner.
- Conducts and/or facilitates new students, faculty and Staff IT training and orientation.
- Attend classes or training and present summary to staff.
- Event planning, management and execution of logistics for all training conferences.
- Arranging, organizing and managing small scale or large scale IT workshops, events and conferences.
- Answering and responding to outside communications, such as phone calls, faxes, emails, and web-based inquiries. This includes on-going communications, project-based communications, i.e., from training participants, presenters and clients.
- Identify, select and manage external trainers and accreditation bodies necessary to deliver training as required.
- Liaise with other UAEU’s departments regarding provision and delivery.
- Liaise with Senior Management to maintain effective and relevant operational activities.
- Ensure quarterly monitoring and evaluation, and prepare progress reports for management.
- Attend meetings internal & external at both local and strategic level in relation to training.
- Maintain good relationships with other training organizations and legislative groups where appropriate for the benefit of UAEU and which could affect the training unit.
- Actively market and identify new opportunities and markets within which to promote IT service’s awareness and productivity, identify training opportunities and develop training to suit.
- Ensure cost of training program is within budgets.
- Monitor quality, evaluate and review progress of training program through questionnaires, surveys and feedback from trainees.
- Have a deep understanding of e‐learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e‐learning packages.
- Develops and monitors annual and long-range statewide departmental training programs.
- Provides leadership by disseminating information, providing feedback, advising, and coaching.
- Carry out other duties as required, thereby developing the aims of UITS’s training service.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University
Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field.
Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field.
- 5+ years of related experience or working in an IT support role.
- Experience in conducting, developing, and maintaining IT Trainings and event management will be preferred.
- Excellent Communication Skills both verbal and written
- Excellent presenting skills.
- Strong documentation and report writing skills including publicity material.
- Interpersonal skills – able to relate to a wide range of people from differing backgrounds.
- Organizational skills – able to plan and manage own time effectively and work on own initiative.
- Ability to develop and deliver training, planning and organization of workshops, conferences and training programs.
- Customer services oriented approach.
- Good understanding of training and personal development.
- Strong knowledge of Information technology infrastructure, confident in standards and general overall knowledge of all IT infrastructure fields.
- Analytical, Medium management and team management skills.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please submit CV and cover letter. If possible include link to website or Digital Portfolio.
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department IT Support Service Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED