Student Systems Manager
Application closing date: 05/11/2019
Salary: £40,322 - £49,553 per annum (Grade 6)
Package: Excellent benefits package
Edinburgh Napier University is a leading, modern university. We create and support personalised learning and research opportunities for students, staff and partners that nurture talent, create knowledge and shape communities around the world.
The Student Systems team is responsible for maintaining & developing the University's core student systems which underpin the business processes associated with the applicant and student lifecycle. The team is responsible for developing and managing relevant control procedures to ensure these systems meet the statutory and regulatory policies of the University.
The role holder will work with colleagues across the University to ensure the student systems meet the University's strategic and operational requirements. They will improve the systems in order to achieve efficiencies and enable business areas to improve accuracy of their data, acting as a trusted advisor to the Information Asset Owners and key stakeholders.
You will be responsible for planning all aspects of the team's activities, including business as usual tasks, projects and the helpdesk function. They will ensure that planned maintenance and reporting takes place on time and to the expected quality.
Who we are looking for
Application must demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrable experience in a management role within an Information Services or similar team.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully implementing business change.
- Experience in streamlining processes and contributing to systems improvements.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work effectively with other teams to help deliver key projects and developments.
- Relevant degree or post graduate qualification in a related IT or Business Management field.
- Experience in Student Systems management
- Experience within a DevOps and or Agile team environment
- Understanding of the ITIL framework
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please click here to read the full role profile/description.
Benefits we offer
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefit package. This includes a generous pension scheme, professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts. Click here.
Salary: GBP 40,322 - GBP 49,553 per annum (Grade 6)
- Application closing date: 5th November
- Interviews: 18th November
To apply, please complete our online application form and attach an up to date copy of your CV.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK. For further information on this, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations (Advance HE's Athena SWAN Charter) and hold Disability Confident, Career Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here