Skills Development Coach, Digital Apprenticeships
Closing date: 12/11/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: School of Business & Technology
Full or Part-Time (fixed term contracts of 12 months also considered)
Our experience in building careers spans over 40 years. We believe in progress for everyone. For learners who want to develop, and the business partners that strive for growth. We work closely with employers and professional bodies to make our learning as real world, relevant and future facing as possible. We do it for the biggest names and we do it in specialist areas. That includes law, accountancy, financial services, nursing, technology and more. And it covers a range of qualifications to develop careers at every stage and every level of development. We educate over 80,000 students annually, working with 7000 businesses across 170 countries. Our expertise covers learning for a number of different levels. Education includes apprenticeships, university courses, professional qualifications and professional development. Our values are an important part of our business and every employee is expected to embrace these, they are: Everybody Matters, Trust and Respect, Stronger Together, Embrace Change and Student, Learner and Client Centric.
About The School of Business and Technology:
BPP’s School of Business and Technology delivers programmes in undergraduate, postgraduate, apprenticeship and professional qualifications specialising in accountancy and finance, management and technology. We are proud to teach students from blue chip employers and individual high calibre students from all over the world. We have a number of unique programmes, poised for significant growth. We have teaching centres in London, Birmingham and Manchester and also teach many programmes online. Our technology faculty experts provide us with an opportunity to design cutting edge programmes to meet the rapidly changing needs of the professions.
The BPP School of Business and Technology currently have several unique technology programmes, closely connected to industry and designed for innovation. These programmes are an incredibly important part of the strategic growth of the business and allow BPP to remain relevant with their clients. These programmes currently include the Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship as well as Professional Apprenticeships in Data Analysis, Cyber Security and Software Development. All programmes will need to be supported by this role as will any future possible apprenticeship programmes.
This is an opportunity to shape the education of hundreds of students over the next few years as school-leavers and graduates enter new and exciting careers, and as existing employees make a career change. We anticipate significant increases in numbers of students, partnerships with large employers and new relationships with vendors and institutes.
This role would suit an innovative and creative professional who wants to build a learning experience which is unrivalled in the market and reskills hundreds of businesses for the future digital requirements.
BPP Skills Development Coaches mentor, motivate and inspire the next generation of technology professionals. Working with apprentices who are employed by our corporate clients, the overall purpose of the role is to support each apprentice in their professional and academic lives in order to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
With experience of working in a corporate environment, you will bring your passion, energy and technical experience into developing nurturing and supportive relationships with each apprentice to help them to fulfil their potential.
Key performance indicators for this role:
The performance of this role will be measured on several metrics and these include (but are not limited to):
- Student satisfaction
- Progression rates of students
- Successful inspections from regulatory bodies
Career Development and Support:
BPP School of Business and Technology is part of BPP University. The School employs professionally qualified faculty and coaches supported by academic administration experts. Internal promotion is actively encouraged, and there are frequent opportunities to move into management roles. Additionally, the University offers qualifications in teaching and coaching which are available to all staff in relevant roles.
- Provide a structured and appropriate development journey for apprentices enabling them to maximise their full potential
- Engage and motivate apprentices when they join their BPP programme
- Hold welcome calls with all apprenticeships at the start of their programme
- Support apprentices to follow a structured programme of study through to completion, providing help and guidance to keep them on track
- Provide pastoral support and act as a referral to specialist services as required
- Facilitate on-line and face to face seminars and coaching sessions
- Undertake quarterly and intermediate progress reviews with apprentices and line managers to ensure that apprentices are progressing and benefiting from a range of work-based opportunities
- Ensure all progress review, welcome calls and other compliance based elements are kept up to date in accordance with quality and regulatory requirements
- Attend regular KPI meetings to review completion of calls and learner progress on programme
- Support clients to fully understand apprenticeship standards and the role they can play in helping the apprentice to succeed
- Review, mark and feedback of on-programme assessments and tasks
- Support apprentices to build a portfolio of work and to prepare for their end point assessment
- Maintain accurate records to enable statistical analysis and accurate reporting both internally and to clients and to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies
- Contribute to content design and development, identifying opportunities to enrich and develop programmes
- Work collaboratively with client services, line managers and apprenticeship support teams
- Maintain own CPD and remain up to date with industry developments
- Carry out other activities commensurate with the expectation of the role, as and when required by the School of Business and Technology
For the role requirements, please refer to the full job description