Lecturer in Nursing
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES / SCHOOL OF NURSING, MIDWIFERY & PARAMEDICINE, NORTH SYDNEY
- Provide high quality lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes
- Contribute to teaching, curriculum development and the scholarship of teaching and research performance
- Part-time (0.6 FTE) continuing position available at our MacKillop Campus in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine NSW / ACT comprises a team of highly motivated and dedicated academic and professional staff who have built a strong teaching and learning environment as evidenced by student demand, entry levels, and student course experience evaluation over several years.
As Lecturer in Nursing you will:
- teach and assess undergraduate / postgraduate level students as appropriate, including subject coordination
- contribute to the supervision of Honours, Masters and / or PhD students
- foster scholarships within the discipline and participate in campus and university committees
- have involvement with professional activities within and outside the university.
Ideally you will be able to teach in one or more of the following areas; Indigenous health, medical / surgical nursing, healthcare ethics, palliative care, aged care, evidence based practice and / or acute care although other areas of expertise will be considered
You will need to demonstrate:
- current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- a Master’s degree (and/or substantial progress or completion of a PhD or Doctorate) in relevant discipline
- tertiary teaching experience
- capacity to contribute to curriculum design and course implementation.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply: Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description, as well as indicating if they are applying for a full-time or part-time role. To apply please click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $118,785 - $140,132 pa, including salary component $100,375 - $118,510 pa (Academic Classification Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Associate Professor Amanda Johnson, Head of School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedicine NSW/ACT on 0475 982 096 or via email to email@example.com
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.