Assistant Researcher, Medical School
University of Cyprus
No. of Position(s): One (1)
Category: Part-time contract – Twelve (12) months (November 2019 until October 2020, 120 hours per month), with potential extension
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Medical School of the University of Cyprus invites applications for one (1) Postgraduate Assistant Researcher position for the research program “Precision/personalized medicine in the management of infections: Application in sepsis and nosocomial infections”
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Molecular analysis of biologic samples for the identification of strains as well as the determination of antimicrobial resistant determinants (using PCR, whole genome sequencing, etc).
- Review (collection, analysis) of medical records and database management.
- Participation in the writing of research proposals.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferably) degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biology, Microbiology, or in another related filed.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Research work in molecular biology and/or microbiology.
- Research work at an academic institution.
- Experience in bioinformatics analysis
- Experience in using statistical packages and analytical skills.
- Very good knowledge of English (written and verbal).
- Ability to work and collaborate with local and/or international research teams.
Applicants do not necessarily need to be citizens of the Republic of Cyprus.
- The position is available on a contract basis for twelve (12) months (November 2019- October 2020) with potential extension. The monthly cost of employment equals to €1591. Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from this amount. The position does not include a 13th salary bonus or medical insurance coverage.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Interested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF or Word format, via e-mail (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 31st of October and titled “Assistant Researcher Position for the Medical School”
- Cover letter of interest.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English (with contact address and telephone number).
- Copies of BSc/MSc degree(s).
- Names and contact details of two persons from whom references may be requested.
For more details and clarifications, please contact Lecturer Eirini Christaki (email: email@example.com, or phone 22895225).