Postdoc Position in the Field of Supramolecular Host-guest Chemistry of Transition-metal Complexes
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for POSTDOC POSITION in the field of Supramolecular Host-Guest Chemistry of Transition-Metal Complexes
The postdoctoral position in Marek research group at the Masaryk University is open in the field of host-guest chemistry of anticancer metallodrugs and macrocyclic carriers. The project could include chemical modifications of carriers - macrocycles, molecular capsules and cages – and/or transition-metal complexes (based on platinum, ruthenium, or gold) with ligands tailored for the host-guest interactions. The research will focus on the characterization of supramolecular carrier-drug binding by NMR spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, mass spectrometry, and isothermal titration calorimetry. Main efforts will be devoted to the structural characterization of the host-guest systems in aqueous solution, including paramagnetic NMR spectroscopy of ruthenium(III) compounds. The experimental studies could be complemented by molecular modelling of the host-guest systems using methods of density-functional theory and molecular dynamics followed by the DFT calculation of NMR shifts.
The successful candidate should demonstrate her/his excellence either in the experimental supramolecular chemistry or experimental/computational NMR spectroscopy or both.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher within 7 years after receiving the Ph.D. degree or its equivalent
- be a researcher, who worked at least 2 whole over the course of last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with working time of at least 0.5, or was a Ph.D. student (or similar form) abroad
- have a publication activity – in the last 3 years, at least 2 publication outputs registered in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time, publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors stated in the article)
- have experience in the field of supramolecular chemistry or NMR spectroscopy and computational chemistry
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in the interdisciplinary team
The application should include:
- CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- Cover Letter
- contact information of at least three references
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in excellent research
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 19 months
- professional team and pleasant working environment
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalized environment
- welcome service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from January 1, 2020.
The submission date is November 7, 2019.
Please submit your application (or informal enquiries can be sent) by e-mail to email@example.com.
Review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview within two weeks of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Radek Marek is available at https://publons.com/researcher/1282154/radek-marek/ or https://www.muni.cz/en/people/381-radek-marek
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617