The Executive Support team within the Office of the CIO is responsible for the provision of expert administrative support to the CIO and the leadership team within Information Services.
This highly visible position will be responsible for a range of confidential matters requiring the ability to exercise considerable judgement, initiative, discretion and independence.
This position will be required to work closely with Finance, HR and IS teams to manage IS's financial and Human Resource requirements.
What you will be doing
- Assist the Chief Information Officer/Executive Director with specific aspects of the Information Services division including the development of briefing papers, broader commnications and other documentation as required for the portfolio.
- Researching data to provide evidence based solutions and documentation to support IS' goals.
- Manage and provide executive secretariat functions including, but not limited to, the management of IS resources in conjunction with the IS leadership team.
- Assist and support the Division’s Leadership team in the provision of advice on operational issues and policy.
- Undertake desktop research and environmental scanning on a range of matters on behalf of the CIO including establishing consultation and focus groups with staff and students.
- Assessing current levels of service effectiveness.
With strong business acumen and collaborative mindset, you can engage and interact with senior stakeholders professionally, discreetly and diplomatically.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate at various levels in the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience managing and controlling budgets, resources and funding and an understanding of financial management procedures.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with meticulous attention to detail and outcomes.
- Self starter with the ability to work across a number of deciplines pulling information together in a consise and clear way.
Accountable, innovative, connected, caring
For over 50 years, La Trobe has been one of Australia's pioneering universities. We are now recognised as one of the world's leading universities, and our success is a direct result of our world-class research and teaching – and the talent and commitment of our people.
Our university culture is safe, inclusive, accountable and everyone is respected and supported to be their best. We are globally connected, we care about what we do and why we do it, and we drive innovation.
Join us at La Trobe, where today’s uncertainties are tomorrows possibilities.
- 17% Super!
- Staff development and training
- Employee assistance programs
- Health fund
- Salary packaging
- Onsite child care facilities at our beautiful Bundoora campus
- Flexible work arrangements
Sound Good? Here’s how to apply
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume. Good luck!
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to obtain or currently hold a valid Working with Children Check.