Postdoctoral Fellow, Research School of Earth Sciences
Classification: Academic Level A
Salary package: $73,309 - $92,015 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, Continuing (Contingent Funded) (3 years)
- Excellent employer superannuation contributions
- Generous leave entitlements
- On campus childcare facilities
- Support network and mentoring program for early career academics
The Postdoctoral Fellow will join the Research School of Earth Sciences. Based at the Australian National University’s charming Acton campus in Canberra, the School is part of the ANU College of Science. Staff and students within the College conduct research and deliver research-led education programs that encompass the breadth of the sciences, supported by extensive international networks and by world-class facilities. The College has a strong tradition of research excellence that has fostered Nobel Laureates and Kyoto Prize winners and that trains scientific leaders in disciplines in which the ANU is consistently ranked in the top twenty in the world.
The Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to develop a strong research program in an area of computational geodynamics that complements activities in the Research School of Earth Sciences. They will be required to contribute to the development of the existing, open source, computational software suite (see https://www.underworldcode.org) and to supporting and collaborating with the researchers who use these codes. The position also provides opportunities to work with and supervise research students and participate in undergraduate teaching.
For further information please contact Professor Louis Moresi E:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16 November 2019
Position description: Postdoctoral Fellow.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.