People and Organisational Development
Paisley Campus (with travel to other campuses as required)
£23,754 - £28,332
Full-time: 35 hours per week
University of the West of Scotland (UWS) have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Adviser to join their team, to work in an innovative modern university, with 4 vibrant campuses across the West of Scotland as well as a campus in Central London. This post will support an established and welcoming team with an exciting vision for the future! We are seeking an HR practitioner with experience of handling ER casework, absence and performance management and someone who is confident to support managers across the organisation. A passionate and driven individual, you will enjoy the fast pace and varied nature of the workload. Reporting to an HR Business Partner, you will help in the provision of a proactive and effective HR service.
You should have proven experience in a generalist role and be able to evidence successes in;
- Providing HR advice, coaching and guidance to support managers through employee relations matters such as disciplinary, grievance, performance and attendance management
- Responding to HR operational enquiries from both managers and employees
- Assisting in the delivery of recruitment, including shortlisting and interviews
- Supporting a team to implement a range of operational HR projects and initiatives
- Using HR systems and analysing HR data effectively
You must be a team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload. With drive, enthusiasm and tenacity you will be accustomed to operating within busy environment. To succeed in this role, you’ll have the following attributes:
- Strong self-management, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous tasks, work to deadlines and pursue tasks to completion
- A self-motivated, driven individual with experience of achieving targets and managing accountability
- Effective team player, flexible and co-operative
- Good use of initiative and proactive approach to work
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Evidence of self-development and personal motivation
If you would like to join the team on this exciting journey, apply today!
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: Monday 28th October 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 11th November 2019
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups. UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.