Special Research Scientist, Medical School
No. of Position(s) : One (1)
Category : Part-time contract - 2 months (November 2019 – December 2019, 75 hours/month)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Medical School of the University of Cyprus invites applications for one (1) Special Research Scientist position for the programme “Center for epidemiological analyses and data collection, for health risk assessment and for disease modeling in order to inform evidence-based interventions”.
The aim of the project is to develop an integrated system that will collect and manage epidemiological information for Cyprus; to develop and apply methods of health risk assessment and disease modelling; to conduct systematic reviews and meta-analyses; and to provide training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of epidemiological data
- Analysis of epidemiological-data
- Development and application of new methodologies to disease projection
- Writing of reports.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology or in Biostatistics or in Public Health or in another related field.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Experience in programming and using statistical software
- Experience in health-related studies
- Very good knowledge of English (written and verbal)
- Ability to work and cooperate with local and/or international research teams.
Applicants do not necessarily need to be citizens of the Republic of Cyprus.
The position is available on a contract basis for 2 months (November 2019 – December 2019). The monthly salary for the part-time position (75 hours/per month) is 1500 euros (cost of employer). Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from this amount. The position does not include a 13th salary.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Interested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF or Word format, via e-mail (email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) by October 29th, 2019 by 14:00 and titled “Special Research Scientist Position for Medical School”.
- Cover letter of interest.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English (with contact address and telephone number).
- Copies of BSc/MSc degree(s).
- Names and contact details of two persons from whom references may be requested.
For more details and clarifications, please contact Aikaterini Pantavou, Special Research Scientist (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: 00357 22-895223).