Student Engagement Manager, Psychologist
AFTRS is Australia's Screen and Broadcast School, established to fuel and empower Australian creativity and storytelling. AFTRS is consistently rated as one of the top film schools in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Student Engagement Manager - Psychologist to join the Student Experience team to support all students to engage successfully with their learning experience at AFTRS by providing consistent, structured and professional support and guidance. The role will provide individual and group counselling to students on a range of issues affecting educational engagement and progress. Further, the position is responsible for identifying and overseeing solutions to complex student related issues and concerns.
The Student Engagement Manager - Psychologist will be reporting to the Head of Student Experience. You will play an important role in the AFTRS Student Experience team, as well as supporting all the students.
- A qualified Psychologist registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role with regular and direct contact with students.
- Successful track record of instigating student wellbeing and support initiatives.
- Highly motivated and outcome focused and able to act proactively and with sound judgement in a quality assurance and compliance environment.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage a high workload and competing demands, to manage a cooperative and collaborative small team, and be willing to take a 'hands on' approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to build rapport with people from a wide range of backgrounds, provide clear, bench-marked, written reports and represent AFTRS in a range of professional situations.
- Successful completion of a Working with Children Check.
- Postgraduate qualification in Education.
- Understanding of and passion for the arts and creative industries.
This position is open to all Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
AFTRS is committed to building a richly diverse staff and faculty. AFTRS actively supports and appreciates workplace diversity and we strongly encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability.