Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $120,638 - $125,514 (UOM 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About the Melbourne Graduate School of Education
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is a global leader in teaching and education research, offering challenging courses, world-changing research and contemporary learning spaces.
About the role
The Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education (Melbourne CSHE), based in the MGSE, is a leading University, national and international centre for professional development and leadership and management education, research and research training, and engagement in the field of higher education.
A dynamic, enthusiastic and high achieving Centre Manager with executive level organisational skills is sought to join the Melbourne CSHE. Reporting to the Director of the Melbourne CSHE, the Centre Manager leads a team of professional staff who support the suite of research and development programs, including the LH Martin programs on Tertiary Education Leadership and Management. The role is responsible for leading the core business operations of the Centre including financial, human resource, legal and project management, as well as the delivery of many internal and external programs.
As a member of the Melbourne CSHE Leadership Group, you will contribute to the Centre’s business and strategy development and will develop and monitor the Centre's budget and the budgets of its constituent programs.
As the successful applicant, you will
- Demonstrate extensive experience and ability in business planning and in the management of finance and resources to achieve strategic and operational goals;
- Exhibit the ability to plan at both strategic and operational levels and exceptional organisational skills to ensure the effective delivery of programs and services;
- Have outstanding leadership capability, interpersonal and communication skills with proven capacity to establish and maintain effective working relationships and build networks with high-profile academics and leaders in the education and business sectors.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme;
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions;
- Working for one of Australia's top Universities;
- Growing your expertise and innovative thinking in an environment that leaves an impact; and
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment.
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your complete application will include a Cover Letter, address of the Selection Criteria and your CV.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Applications close: 29 Oct 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time