Senior Lecturer in Higher Education Policy and Management
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $126,128 - $145,431 (Level C)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is a global leader in teaching and education research, offering challenging courses, world-changing research and contemporary learning spaces
About the role
While based in the MGSE, the Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education (Melbourne CSHE) supports the professional development of University of Melbourne staff and graduate researchers, and those working in tertiary education nationally and internationally, through its suite of programs, activities and resources. The Melbourne CSHE is a leading national and international centre for higher education research and has significant responsibility for the provision of professional development for staff in teaching and learning, research and engagement across the University of Melbourne.
The Senior Lecturer will conduct research and will teach in the broad area of higher education policy and management.
As the successful applicant, you will:
- Contribute to the research performance of the Melbourne CSHE and MGSE through scholarly publications, supervision of Masters and PhD students and securing research funding.
- Make an active contribution to the professional development of staff by coordinating and teaching into award and non-award programs offered by the Centre, in particular the LH Martin programs; running seminars and workshops for staff; contributing to professional development events run by the Centre; and developing stand-alone resources for professional development.
- Be expected to draw on the latest educational policy and research in contributing to professional development programs, activities and resources.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme;
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions;
- Working for one of Australia's top Universities;
- Growing your expertise and innovative thinking in an environment that leaves an impact; and
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment.
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your complete application will include a Cover Letter, address of the Selection Criteria and your CV.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Applications close: 29 Oct 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time