Space and Timetabling Officer
Property Development and Commercial Services Office
- 2x Continuous, full time positions
- H0506 | $66k-$81k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
The Property Development and Commercial Services Office (PDCSO) provides the highest quality facility management services to support the teaching, research and commercial activities for Murdoch University. It also oversees maintenance and strategic asset management planning for the University for the short, medium and longer term.
The primary purpose of this role is to input information regarding University central teaching and non-central teaching space into the central timetabling system in accordance with University policy, with a focus on producing teaching timetables which target the efficient use of teaching space and supports the strategic direction of the University. This position is also responsible for collection, collation and reporting of data pertaining to the University’s use of space.
Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have:
- High level organisational, time and workload management skills, including the ability to prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines.
- Highly effective communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to create, maintain and enhance relationships with staff and other stakeholders through constructive and collaborative interaction in order to achieve successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and assume responsibility for tasks and projects.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and comply with policies and operating procedures consistent with medium to large organisations.
- Experience with complex database systems such as Syllabus Plus or Archibus.
- Previous experience in timetabling or scheduling within a large complex organisation.
- Previous experience in a university environment.
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role. The occupant of this position will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the University's Criminal Record Screening Procedure.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit the current vacancies page to view the Position Description and apply, or to find out more about joining Murdoch.
Please see the Applicant Guide for more information. Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted. Please note visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disability.
Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Position contact: Katie Trand, Space and Timetabling Officer at K.Trand@murdoch.edu.au.
Closing date: 25 October 2019 (11:59pm)