Lecturer, Public Health, Teaching Focused
- Continuing, full time (1FTE) and part-time (0.6 FTE) options available
- Based at our Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $95,432 - $112,697 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- Annual Scholarship of Learning and Teaching Professional Development Grant
- Contribute to the success of undergraduate teaching in Public Health in core knowledge areas of health and well being
- Co-ordinate and lead a large teaching team to foster the delivery of high-quality learning outcomes and an excellent student experience
The Department of Public Health has a strong commitment to improving the health of individuals and of society by building the capacity of practitioners working in a range of areas, to protect and promote health in organisations, workplaces, and local communities.
About the Role
Located at La Trobe University Bundoora (Melbourne) campus, this position will be responsible for developing and delivering quality education and making contributions to the teaching and scholarly objectives of the School of Psychology and Public Health. You will bring to the role your experience and expertise in higher education, particularly in areas such as student experience, teaching and learning innovation.
As a Teaching Focused Lecturer, you will demonstrate effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellence in teaching. In this position you will have a key role in the design, planning and delivery of learning activities and subjects in core knowledge areas of health and wellbeing, for large student cohorts in undergraduate health programs. This will require the ability to work with peers and to co-ordinate and lead a large teaching team to foster the delivery of high-quality learning outcomes and an excellent student experience.
To be successful in this position, you will have;
- Completion or substantial progression towards a PhD; or relevant experience recognised by the University/profession as equivalent standing in a health-related discipline; and completion of a postgraduate qualification in higher education.
- Knowledge and experience in Teaching and Learning matters pertaining to assuring the academic standard, coherence and relevance of all aspects of teaching and learning in relation to higher education, including the academic aspects of the student experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes, as evidenced by sustained high results on student feedback on teaching surveys, teaching excellence awards or through other forms of evidence.
- Knowledge and design experience in scholarship of teaching and learning which advances the practice, including the use and application of contemporary digital technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning with evidence of innovative initiatives undertaken in the last three years that have improved the student experience, and the evaluation of effectiveness of these initiatives.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Monday 4th November 2019 (11:55 pm)
Position Enquiries: A/Prof Melissa Graham, TEL: +61 3 9479 3792 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- A cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and fit for the position; please indicate your preference for a full or part-time employment;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 558876 under current vacancies.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073