University Job Title: Research Associate 2, HSS
Bargaining Unit: None - Not included in the union (Yale Union Group)
Time Type: Full time
Duration Type: Regular
Compensation Grade: Clinical & Research
Compensation Grade Profile: Research Associate 2 HSS (23)
Work Location: Medical School Campus
Worksite Address: 127-153 College Street New Haven, CT 06510
Work Week: Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Searchable Job Family: Research Res Support, Research/Support
Total # of hours to be worked: 37.5
Conducts clinical research on study and hospital subjects by providing research services to patients and families in compliance with University, State and Federal guidelines. Develops, designs and implements procedures and quality assurance standards or research studies.
- Carries out research within the scope of the established study protocol. Adheres to all human subjects regulations as defined by Yale University and the federal government that pertain to research studies.
- Develops criteria for admission of study subjects based on goals and objectives of project.
- Determines potential sources of funding and prospective partnerships
- Evaluates feasibility of accepting potential projects through analysis of staffing needs, resource requirements, financial costs, and current planned capacity of group. Negotiates contracts and/or changes with funder.
- Develops original HIC/IRB submissions. Based on knowledge of science and research goals, collaborates with PIs on major revisions and contributes to scientific protocols. Plans and implements changes.
- Develops forms, questionnaires and the application of research techniques; writes procedures manuals for data collection and coding.
- Responsible for the documentation and transmission of study data. Ensures that report forms are accurately documented and completed in a timely manner at each site location.
- Works independently to develop manage and organize multi site studies. Serves as primary coordinator between University, non-Yale collaborators, pharmaceutical companies, HIC, IRB and funding sources.
- Performs descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Designs and implements quality control measures to ensure accurate collection and processing of data.
- Contributes in-depth, original thought and relevance to written reports and to the writing of abstracts and manuscripts.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in a related discipline and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Ability to identify, assess eligibility, enroll and collect accurate medical and demographic history on research subjects for a variety of studies; and, ability to obtain and explain written consent for subject participation. Ability to review, code and contribute in the entering of all collected patient data to assure completeness and accuracy.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to contribute to protocol development, submission and renewal by collections written materials and writing procedural documents. Ability to ensure ongoing compliance with institutional review board (IRB) policies by monitoring changes in IRB policies related to human specimens and informing the research team of such changes.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary researchers to coordinate research programs that integrate new advances in clinical trials.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Working proficiency with MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook. Ability to ensure regulatory compliance by maintaining clinical research records to meet the needs of various protocols.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Ability to interface with external agencies and provide appropriate information. Leads committees or task forces to address and resolve research protocol operational issues.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Five years of related experience. EPIC; ONCORE.
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Note: Yale University is a tobacco-free campus