Life Science Technician
2 days left
- Full Time
The Department of Genetics seeks a Life Science Technician II to assist with research projects in genetics, genomics and molecular biology fields. The LST II will perform genomics and other experimental procedures of molecular biology according to specific instructions under general supervision. These include but not limited to the extraction of DNA or RNA from the blood or tissue samples, PCR, qPCR, prepare all sorts of next generation libraries manually or by robot, cluster them on cBot, and run them on Illumina HiSeq and NovoSeq sequencing machines. Troubleshoot and testing of developmental workflows. Remain current on new procedures and related research. Offer suggestions regarding modifications to technical procedures and protocols in collaboration with staff and graduate post-doctoral individuals. Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed. Help orient and train new staff or students. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Work at the Life Science Technician II level requires experience and ability beyond that required for the Life Science Technician I, including increased technical skills and problem-solving abilities. These abilities are generally associated with at least two years of laboratory experience or two years of college coursework in a scientific discipline.
- Ability to use scientific software of sequencing, and Microsoft office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic computational skills are preferred, and interest in learning on analysis of large data sets
- Hands on experience with molecular biology techniques.
- Good organizational skills, and must be detail-oriented and able to keep an accurate record of experimental results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse group of staff.
- Previous experience handling DNA and RNA, cDNA library preparation preferred
- Overall familiarity with genetics and next generation sequencing, including Illumina MiSeq and NovoSeq sequencing machines, and molecular biology techniques preferred.
Job Code: 5644
Employee Status: Regular
Department URL: http://genetics.stanford.edu/
Requisition ID: 84976