Digital Media Manager
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Stanford University is seeking a digital media manager to be part of a communications team that promotes and elevates the brand and reputation of the Stanford School of Engineering. Reporting to the Associate Director of Digital Engagement, the manager is tasked with contributing to the school’s digital media communications work specifically through service of the communications needs of our nine departments. This work will include web maintenance/support, publication of digital stories, email content development and strategy, social media content development and strategy, photography and design as well as the development of processes to enable, sustain and measure this work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Regular reviews of department/client websites and social media platforms and development of communications processes to share review findings in order to keep the school’s external facing digital platforms accurate, up to date and on brand.
- Manage the creation and publication of new forms of content for digital media.
- Generate, plan for and execute on ideas for new ways to distribute content via social platforms.
- Contribute to overall development and refinement of digital community strategy as well as the execution of innovative digital content initiatives by proposing and implementing recommendations.
- Manage school and department/client email needs. This work includes designing systems to streamline the collection of this content, drafting email content in a style that meets our brand standards, strategizing email campaigns to deliver specific messaging or information that furthers department research and education missions, designing on-brand templates for department email needs, and tracking metrics to evaluate efficacy of email efforts.
- Write, edit and schedule select marketing communications that adhere to communications and brand strategy for a variety of channels (e.g.., web, print, email, social).
- Content production management to ensure timely publication of digital content across the website, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Compile data to analyze and report on digital media use. Analyze how content is performing and create reports with recommendations to management.
- Management of creative vendors for photography, design, etc.
- Provide art direction for stories, emails, websites, print projects.
*Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3 years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced technical experience using digital media platforms, equipment and editing software.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs of the school/unit and to apply technical knowledge to fulfill the requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, mature judgment and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience.
- Subject matter expertise for area(s) of responsibility.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in business and management computer applications and databases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and/or regulatory requirements.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission are our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff members. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in administration and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, follow-through, responsiveness, and flexibility.
Thank you for your interest!
Job Code: 4913
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84995