Senior Administrative Officer, Student Accessibility Services
The Student Accessibility Services Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior Administrative Officer to provide professional and efficient services to the Director to support effective management, administration and delivery of department programs and services.
Critical Success Factors
- Extremely knowledgeable on university policies, procedures, and practices for smooth and effective functioning of the department.
- Advanced information management capability for developing and implementing effective systems and procedures for the department.
- Builds effective business relationships to achieve results with key stakeholders within the University as well as with representatives of other organizations.
- Advanced knowledge of IT tools and databases for preparation of reports, presentation and correspondence incorporating information from a variety of sources.
- Carries out all duties with an attention to detail, confidentiality and accuracy and meets work deadlines.
- Performs a variety of operational and administrative activities in support of the day-to-day functioning of department programs and services. Runs the Director’s Office and acts as the department’s primary point of contact.
- Interacts with internal and external institutions in a fully professional and service-oriented manner ensuring that their information and business needs are met.
- Provide operational and administrative support to the department by introducing, updating and maintaining effective systems and procedures.
- Prepares meaningful and accurate reports or documentation to support the effectiveness of the Department, making recommendations for change and improvements.
- Coordinates with other functional areas to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Supports Director and team members in program planning and development.
- Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments, takes minutes, notifies attendees of location and time. Coordinates room bookings, equipment and catering for training and events.
- Contributes to special projects like conferences or campus events when required.
- Interprets, monitors, and analyzes information regarding procedures and practices.
- Creates purchase requests, purchase orders and supports aspects of department budget and related information.
- Coordinates with organizations to increase the employment opportunities for Graduates of Determination and update the graduates accordingly.
- Prepares documents and correspondents in both Arabic and English.
- Prepares, updates, keeps record of Departmental KPIs to share them with the concerned parties and used systems
- Assists in the development of the Department’s publications and ensures continuous updates to the Departments media channels.
- Administers the Department’s e-Services and ensures continuous enhancements/updates on the forms used.
- Creates, updates and records Students of Determination details in Banner.
- Performs any other related tasks as required by Director or designate.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 5 years administrative support experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Other essential requirements:
- Experience working in an administrative role with senior management, preferably in an educational institution.
- Highly computer literate. Advanced experience with Microsoft Office and other software. Needs exceptional Excel skills to maintain database and summarize data (sorting, pivot tables, charts). Needs robust Word skills to create professional reports, generate certificates, and run mail merges. Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and related software to create professional graphic materials and booklets required. Proficiency in editing videos and updating web pages desired.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.