Tenure Track/Educator Track (Open Rank) in Translation/Interpretation
FACULTY POSITION IN TRANSLATION, DEPARTMENT OF CHINESE STUDIES, NUS
The Department of Chinese Studies, National University of Singapore, is one of the leading institutions in the world in the fields of Chinese Studies and Chinese Language and a major centre in Southeast Asia. We invite applications for the post of Tenure Track/Educator Track (Open Rank) in Translation/Interpretation.
Applicants for this position should have formal training in Translation/Interpretation and a PhD in Translation or a related field; extensive practical experience in translation/interpretation will be an added asset. The areas of expertise we are looking for will also include translation skills training on professional texts (e.g. business translation, medical translation, legal translation, etc.). The successful applicant will be expected to have a strong commitment to a) teach Translation/Interpretation (Chinese – English, English – Chinese) at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels; b) provide supervision to students in Translation; c) undertake research in Translation and/or related areas; d) play an active role in the Department’s curriculum and development; and e) provide support to management and professional service where required. S/he should possess native-speaking, or near native-speaking, competence in both Chinese and English so as to be able to teach and conduct research in this area.
NUS is a leading university in Asia, which provides rich resources and opportunities for research, competitive remuneration, and generous benefits, including subsidized housing and medical coverage.
Applicants should send, by email attachment, to the Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org, a dossier:
- Covering letter and CV
- Statements of research accomplishments and teaching philosophy/methodology
- Complete list of publications (including theses and dissertations) and samples;
- Course outlines and copies of student evaluations of courses taught;
- Three letters of reference and one from PhD supervisor (for lecturer-educator track and assistant professor tenure track posts)
- Six names of referees with full contact details for associate professor and above
The closing date for applications is 1 March 2020. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information, please refer to these websites:
Working in National University of Singapore http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/whyjoinus.htm
More searches like this
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in Singapore
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Professors / Chairs jobs in Singapore
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Singapore
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Singapore