Special Scientist, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
FOSS RESEARCH CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
OPEN POSITION FOR SPECIAL SCIENTIST (Administrative support staff)
FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy (www.foss.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist (Administrative support staff) to work on research projects at FOSS. The successful candidate will work for the administrative/ secretarial support of the PV Lab. It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
- First Degree in any discipline (with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent)
- Excellent command of the English language
- Experience in secretarial/administrative support
- Knowledge of accounting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Special Scientist will be providing administrative/secretarial support to the PV Technology Lab.
The monthly employment cost for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €12002800 (€8,57/hr - €20,00/hr). From this amount employer and employee contributions to the various Government Funds will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress. 13th salary and medical coverage are not provided.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Letter of interest for the position
- Full CV, including description of past relevant experience
- Copies of degrees and transcripts of bachelors and master degree(s) 4. Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
by email to the following addresses:
The application must include the application code FOSS2019SS-15
For more information please contact: Dr. George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email: firstname.lastname@example.org