Student Academic & Career Success Administrator
DVC Academic PVC Education Portfolio
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) is a large portfolio covering a wide range of activities supporting the student experience, the needs of academic staff and international operations. Within the DVC(A) Division, the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education) Portfolio provides leadership in the development and implementation of UNSW Sydney’s strategic initiatives in learning and teaching. The initiatives focus on educational design, development, delivery and evaluation, integrating technology and expanding the University’s online learning offerings, providing academic development support and services, and promoting teaching excellence through the UNSW Scientia Education Academy and the Education Focussed Academics. The Portfolio works collaboratively with the faculties, schools and divisions to implement the 2025 Strategic Plan and drive enhancements to the student experience and success. It is involved in the design of effective learning environments, promotes Work Integrated Learning initiatives, provides academic skills support to students, and strengthens their career and employability prospects through a range of programs and services.
About the role
- $74K-$84K (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time (1FTE, 35hrs p/week)
The Student Academic & Career Success Administrator supports the operational function of the SACS team broadly to ensure the efficient day-to-day administration and operations. This role is responsible for coordinating highly efficient administration and activities that enable delivery of Student Academic & Career Success programs, courses and initiatives in alignment and compliant with UNSW policies. The role is required to work with staff across UNSW including PVCE in particular Operations & Administration and WIL Central, Divisions, faculties, the broader University community and external stakeholders to enable the success of the SACS strategic vision. The Administrator, SACS reports to the Manager, Services and Improvement, and has no direct reports
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in a student facing administrative function and a positive and respectful approach to working with students.
- Outstanding organisational skills with proven ability to deal with multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work flexibly, productively, and effectively as part of a team while operating autonomously and demonstrating strong initiative and a proactive approach to driving process improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff and external stakeholders.
- High computer literacy including proficiency in using Microsoft products such as, CRM, Dynamics, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to coordinate, review and report on projects and initiatives.
- Experience in the execution of small-scale events, including promotion and event coordination and logistics.
- Familiarity and/or experience with UNSW Academic systems and processes would be highly regarded.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Kim Symons, Talent Acquisition Consultant
P: 9385 0670
Applications close: Tuesday 22 October 2019