Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Topological Spintronics
Department of Electronic Engineering
Salary: £35,931 per annum - including London Allowance
Closing Date: Sunday 10 November 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Full Time, Fixed Term (24 months)
Applications are invited for a Post-Doctoral Research Assistant (PDRA) position starting in late 2019/early 2020. This full-time position is part of the newly funded UK EPSRC research grant, ‘Topological Spintronics’, led by Dr Wenqing Liu, Royal Holloway University of London. It is for 24 months in the first instance and will involve work on several lines of research within the Nano-electronics and Materials group. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team and will be expected to contribute to the training of the PhDs and the broad intellectual life of the group.
Eligible Applicants should hold a PhD in Physics, Material Science or Electronic Engineering. Preference will be given to those who have a track-record in publishing high-quality research. Relevant laboratory research experience in nanofabrication and characterization would be advantageous.
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
The post is based at the Nano-Electronics Group, Royal Holloway University of London, which is situated in Egham, Surrey in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London. We benefit from the geographical proximity to the National Physical Laboratory, and the Diamond Light Source and the ISIS Neutron and Muon Source on the Harwell Campus for X-ray and neutron scattering experiments.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the project PI, Professor Wenqing Liu, on firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion about the post prior to the official application. The following should be enclosed when approaching the PI:
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk. For queries on the application process the Human Resources Department can be contacted by email at: email@example.com
Please quote the reference: 1019-393
Closing Date: Midnight, 10 November 2019
Interview Date: TBC
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Egham
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Postdocs jobs in Egham
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Related jobs in Egham
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Egham